My Current Favourite Makeup Products To Cover Adult Acne

My skin is currently an ongoing battle. It is a mishmash of adult acne and scarring, rosacea, dry patches and major sensitivity. Plus there is always that dreaded threat of unwanted hair. If this was the Victorian era, I would probably be the bearded lady in a circus act. It has taken me many years to perfect my make-up routine in order to get good blemish coverage, without the risk of caking and creasing, and I think I have finally mastered it. I won’t harp on about the need to drink more water, cleanse, exfoliate and moisturise, but this daily routine does provide the best base for a smooth photo ready finish. 

My current favourite products:

No7 Airbrush Away - This is a foundation that does exactly what it says on the tin, easy to apply and fantastic coverage, without being too thick and heavy. It also gives me a lovely healthy glow and dry patches aren’t left feeling tight or grainy. The great bonus with No7 is the Boots’ Match Made Service  http://www.boots.com/no7-book-an-appointment, which helps you find your exact skin shade and also recommends the best palette of eye and lip colours to suit your specific shade. 

Vichy Dermablend 3D Correction - I discovered the Vichy make-up range whilst watching a Lisa Eldridge YouTube video for acne coverage. I began using Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation, which is a fantastic product if you have adult acne and require a little extra coverage. I moved to the Dermablend 3D Correction, as my acne and scarring are pretty much all over and this product has a thicker consistency, allowing me to focus on specific areas of redness. Plus I can build up coverage to hide areas of scarring and pitting, to give my skin a much smoother appearance.

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder and Natural Bronzer - When it comes to powder, I have tried many and reacted to pretty much all of them. Rimmel powders are my absolute favourite. I have never had a single reaction to any of them and have used them for around 10 years now. I always use Transparent 001 pressed powder, as it sets my foundation, without affecting the colour. I have tried a few of their bronzer shades, but my favourite is Sun Light 021, as it gives me that natural sun kissed glow without any hint of “she just fell asleep in a bag of Wotzits”. 

Rimmel Contour Palette - I will admit I don’t use the Contour Sculpter shade in this palette, as it tends to look slightly grey toned on my skin, but for my blusher I love the Blush Colorer shade in this palette. Along with the Highligh Illuminer shade it allows me to go from zombie to healthy glow in minutes and blends beautifully over my foundation. 

Do you have adult acne or rosacea? Please leave a comment below if you would like to know more about my acne coverage routine. 


Comments

Popular Posts